Sophie Masson Interview

 1.How much of the book is realistic? Well, as far as Venice is real--and I've


visited it--the setting

is realistic. Emilia Lanier who appears at the beginning is also a real person,

as is the Doge of

Venice. Otherwise, the other characters and of course the events are fiction!

>

> 2.Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? No.

But inspired by

Shakespeare's plays 'The Merchant of Venice' and 'Romeo and Juliet.'

>

> 3.What books have most influenced your life most? I've read so many books it's

hard to say! But

basically as a reader I was very influenced by Shakespeare--by Agatha

Christie--by Alexandre

Dumas--by AA Milne--by Anya Seton--by Charlotte Bronte--by Mary Stewart--by John

Donne--by

Enid Blyton--really, all kinds of influences! I devoured everything as a child

and still read hugely

now.

>

> 4.If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? If you could

choose anyone

at all, I'd choose to 'shadow' Shakespeare back in his own time--how wonderful

would it be to time-

travel!

>

> 5.What book are you reading now? Right now I'm reading 'King Solomon's ines'

by Barbara Vine-

-a very creepy suspense novel.

>

> 6.Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Well, I enjoyed

reading Anna

Godbersen's series of 'Luxe' books not long ago!

> 7.What are your current projects?

I'm working on three different projects at once! A novel set in World War One

about a girl whose

soldier father goes missing; a novel about the adolescence of Australia's most

famous 'bushranger'

or armed robber, Ned Kelly; and a thriller set in Russia.

>

> 8.Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members. My

English teacher in

high school, Mrs Leaf, was absolutely encouraging and very inspiring. Though I

was already a

great reader, she opened me to a world of wonderful literature I might not have

come across

otherwise, and I am very grateful to her. I contacted her much later when I was

a published

author and invited her to the launch of one of my books--she was thrilled!

>

> 9.Do you see writing as a career? Absolutely! It is a wonderful career and one

I wouldn't change

for the world!

>

> 10.If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your

> latest book? Not really. I'm pretty happy with it as it is!
FreeKibble.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!