Great Expectarions - Charles Dickens Review

 Search Amazon.com for great expectations by charles dickens
 Title:
Great Expectations
Author:
Charles Dickens

Page Length:
518

Published Date:
1860-61

Recommended for:
High Schoolers/College Students

Summary (from Goodreads):
No other novel in the English language so epitomizes upward mobility, the rise from poverty to wealth, as Great Expectations. Often considered to be one of Dickens's best novels, it tells the story of young Pip who is mysteriously helped by two people: escaped convict Magwitch and the eccentric dowager Miss Havisham. Here is storytelling at its best, alive with bigger-than-life characters, plot twists that turn on a dime, and scenes that burst off the page with color.
What I Think:
This story is not as hard as everyone says it is, it is just very wordy. I would not have read it on my own, but other people might, and that is good.
It is not a bad book at all, it wasn't even that boring. It just explains stuff a lot, and I think that's what some people don't like about it.

My Rating:
3.5/5 stars

Comments

  1. I haven't read Grea Expectations yet, but I read Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens for school, and I wasn't really a fan of the wordiness :P But I thought the end was kinda cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had to read Great Expectations for school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!